Out of stock
dual voltage controlled complex oscillator
The Instruō Cš-L is a dual analogue oscillator optimised for generation of complex waveforms. It features two contrasting discrete circuit oscillators that are normalled to one another, offering a variety of simultaneous modulation routings. The resulting harmonic timbres sit far beyond the realms of traditional subtractive synthesis.
It expands upon the classic complex oscillator paradigm prominent in the West-coast synthesis philosophy. Typical cross modulation is expanded upon with inclusion of signal multiplication/amplitude modulation, a wavefolder per oscillator, final waveform symmetry biasing, classic and contemporary PWM, a global modulation index bus, and a digitally-controlled routing scheme that can be configured on-the-fly.
The two separate oscillator cores, simultaneous access to all included waveforms (both classic and contemporary), and the ability for bi-directional modulation, the Cš-L truly allows the user to shape sound like never before.
Cš-L | siː-əz-ɛl | proverb (derivative) “complex sauce-later” (see Tš-L )
- Sawtooth core voltage controlled oscillator (Oscillator A – Top)
- Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Pulse, wavefold final
- Triangle core voltage controlled oscillator (Oscillator B – Bottom)
- Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Square/Sub, double pulse, wavefold final
- 1V/octave, Coarse and Fine pitch controls per oscillator
- Frequency modulation input per oscillator, linear or exponential response, with attenuators
- LFO range switch for oscillator A
- Switchable link between 1V/octave inputs for parallel tracking
- Multiply output with three modulator behaviour options
- CV over each wavefolder with attenuverters
- Symmetry offset control for each wavefolder with attenuverters
- CV controllable modulation bus (INDEX) with versatile definable internal routing
- Width: 26HP
- Depth: 42mm
- Power: +12V@ 200mA, –12V@ 80mA