The Pressure Points music synthesizer module is a controller, an analog sequencer that is played by hand. Touching the gold plated copper wires (aka Touch Plates), you become part of the circuit, generating a gate signal (Gate OUT), a control signal proportional to the amount of pressure applied (Press OUT) and the 3 Tuned Voltages for the activated Stage.
The Tuned Voltages for the activated Stage appear at their respective OUTs along the right side of the module. In this way, Pressure Points is like an analog sequencer that is played by hand.
2 pots allow the circuit to be adjusted for desired playing response. Up to 4 of these modules may be CHAINed together using the 10-PIN CHAIN Cable, to create controllers of varying size and complexity. The Gate and Press OUTS are normalized to their respective Combined BUS which is output at the last Gate or Press OUT in the CHAIN.
Expansion port allows for sequential control via the BRAINS expander module
- The Gate signals may be used to turn portions of a patch ON/ OFF, generate Timing Events within a patch or to Trigger a Function Generator such as MATHS
- The PRESSure signals may be used to add expression to a patch by varying Pitch or Timbre in real-time, based upon the artist’s input
- The Tuned Voltages may be used to play the Pitch of a sound in a traditional melodic fashion, Program Chords or Timbral shifts (aka Presets)
- Up to 4 may be CHAINed together (using CHAIN Cable), to create controllers of varying size and complexity
- All outputs are capable of driving a passive 4 way mult without loading effects (no buffered mult needed)
- Expansion port allows for sequential control via the BRAINS expander module
- Pairs well with MATHS
- Current Consumption: 20mA
- Panel size: 20HP
- Panel depth: 24mm
- Power: 20mA@ +12V, 0mA @ -12V
- manual: PressurePointsManual.pdf