5 in stock
SKU: MN_.MATHS revision Maker: Make Noise
The New MATHS revision 2013 is a direct descendent of the original MATHS classic, sharing the same core circuit and generating all the fantastic control signals that the original MATHS classic was capable of generating, but with some upgrades, additions and evolutions:
- The layout of the controls has been changed to be more intuitive and to work more fluidly with the forthcoming CV Bus and existing modules in our system such as the DPO, MMG and ECHOPHON.
- The LED indication for signals has been upgraded to show both positive and negative voltages as well as to increase the display resolution. Even small voltages will be readable on these LEDs.
- As Make Noise now offers a Multiple, the Signal OUT Multiple (from the original MATHS) has been changed to a Unity Signal OUTput. Useful as it allows for creating two variations of output, one at unity and the other as processed through the Attenuvertor. Also allows for ease in patching function responses not possible with the Vari-Response control alone (see manual).
- An INVerted SUM OUTput has been added for greater modulation possibilities.
- LED indication for the SUM Bus has been added for increased signal awareness.
- LED indication added to show the state of the End Of Rise and End Of Cycle.
- End Of Cycle OUTput is now buffered for improved circuit stability.
- Added reverse power protection.
- Added +/-10V offset range. User has choice of +/-10V offset at CH. 2 or +/-5V offset at CH. 3.
- Added greater Logarithmic range in Vari-Response control allowing for East Coast style Portamento.
- The evolution in the circuit is the CYCLE INput which allows for voltage control of the CYCLE state in Channels 1 and 4. On Gate HIGH, the MATHS will CYCLE. On Gate LOW MATHS will not CYCLE (unless the CYCLE button is engaged).
MATHS is an analog computer designed for musical purposes. Amongst other things, it will allow you to:
- Generate a variety of linear, logarithmic, or exponential triggered or continuous functions
- Integrate an incoming signal
- With no signal applied, generate a variety of linear, logarithmic, or exponential functions
- Add, subtract and OR up to 4 signals
- Generate analog signals from digital information (Gate / Clock)
- Generate digital information (Gate / Clock) from analog signals
- Delay digital (Gate / Clock) information
Width: 20HP Max Depth: 24mm Power: 60mA@ +12V, 50mA @ -12V