5 in stock
The Earwig is a rectifying mixer. The core of each channel are two half wave rectifiers and one full wave rectifier. There is also gain, pre and post-rectifier bias and an inverter amp. 2 CV bias inputs are provided to modulate the signal. Each channel accepts audio and CV signals.
- GAIN: amplify or attenuate the incoming signal.
- BIAS A: moves the signal up or down the ground (0V). It basically adds a DC component. This control is very useful for shaping the signal along with the rectifier.
- RECTIFY: the main function of the module. It has four positions :
a) Bypass: no change;
b) Positive half wave rectifier: it only keeps the positive part of the signal and inverts it.
c) Negative half wave rectifier: it only keeps the negative part of the signal and inverts it.
d) Full wave rectifier: it takes the negative part of the signal, inverts it and sums it with the positive one
- INVERTING SWITCH: It inverts the signal that comes from the rectifier.
- BIAS B: moves the signal up or down the ground (0V). It basically adds a DC component. This is useful for DC and modulating signals. For audio signals keep it to the center point.
- MIX: Attenuator control for the mixer.
- IN & OUT: input and output signals for each channel. It accepts audio and DC signals. The output signal don’t cross the “MIX” potentiometer.
- BIASA & BIAS B: Modulation inputs for the “BIAS” controls. This inputs don’t have an attenuator, so it’s best to attenuate the signal before if you want to get subtle results.
- 1+2 & 1-2: outputs from the mixer. Addition & subtraction outs.
- width: 19HP
- depth: 26mm depth
- weight: 178g
- power: 35mA @ 12V; 35mA @ -12V