Out of stock
4-pole filter with CV-controlled resonance and integrated VCA
Ripples delivers a big sounding four-pole filter in a small 8-HP package, continuing Mutable Instruments’ lineage of warm and tasty filters started by the Shruthi-1 SMR4 mkII and 4-Pole Mission.
3 filter modes are available: * 2-pole band-pass * 2-pole low-pass * 4-pole low-pass
Self-oscillation is available for all modes and produces a clean sine-wave on the LP4 output. Unlike many classic 4-pole designs, this filter does not suffer from “loudness drop” when resonance is increased. The resonance loudness compensation circuit brings a slight tone coloration reminiscent of the Roland SH/Jupiter filters, with a very round and “liquid” resonance.
The 4-pole low-pass output is additionally sent to a VCA. This makes Ripples a good “final stage” module for an inexpensive/space-constrained subtractive synthesis synth voice.
* Signal in
* Frequency CV 1 (1V/Oct)
* Resonance CV
* Frequency CV 2 (with bipolar attenuator, from -1V/Oct to 1V/Oct)
* VCA level
* Cutoff frequency, 18Hz to 18kHz
* Attenuverter on Frequency CV 2
* 2-pole BP
* 2-pole LP
* 4-pole LP
* 4-pole LP attenuated by VCA
* Frequency CV inputs impedance: 100k.
* Audio input impedance: 75k.
* Resonance and VCA CV input impedance: 30k.
* Open-source hardware.
* Current consumption: +12V: 35mA ; -12V: 35mA.