Phonogene v.372 firmware update
5 in stock
v.372 firmware update
To get your Phonogene updated please follow these instructions below:
- Add this firmware update to your cart as an item
- Note down the serial number on the rear of your module
- Send your module to Post Modular at the following address:
Phonogene upgrade, c/o Post Modular Ltd, 39 Penrose Street, London, SE17 3DW
- We advise you to use Royal Mail Special Delivery with appropriate level of insurance. Once dispatched please e-mail the serial number of the module and the Royal Mail tracking number to: email@example.com
The sender pays for postage. Please pack your Phonogene properly, as Post Modular is not responsible for any damage incurred during shipping to us. Post Modular will charge £8 p&p for the return of your upgraded Phonogene. If you are collecting in person please check the shipping box at checkout.
v.372 firmware upgrade detail:
- Firmware Engineered by Flemming Christensen, Gotharman
- Firmware v.372 Engineered by Tom Erbe
- Phonogene Firmware v.372 Updates
- Improved Audio Fidelity
- Improved Vari-Speed response (shorter scale, greater resolution)
- End of GENE Pulse (EOS outputs pulses for both Splices and Genes, turn up Gene Size see this in action)
- Longer Record Time (improved memory management and fidelity make longer recordings possible)
- Broken ECHO Mode: all new behavior allows for realtime processing of audio signals.
To enter Broken Echo Mode create a sample/ loop/ Splice (just press REC button and record entire memory blank, for example), press and hold REC button until you pass through the EOS (EOS flashes) and RECORD will be stuck ON. To Exit Broken ECHO, just hit REC button again (do not HOLD it though, or you will go back into Broken Echo).
In this mode the PHONOGENE is similar to the Echoplex with the SOS switch activated or that trick that William S. Burroughs used where he covered the ERASE head of a tape recorder and allowed a spool of tape to be recorded over and over again (without erasing the previous recordings). This is a great mode for building walls of sound, drones or making crude echo FX.
- Phonogene will still mind Splices and Vari-Speed, Gene Size, Shift and Slide all function. Any modulation of these parameters will be recorded. Be sure to set the MIX control according to your desired results. For example, live input processing will require the MIX to be set at around 50%, while massaging content that has been captured will need MIX set to 100% WET. Adding or removing splices during Broken Echo Mode is not supported.
- Double trigger at EOS while Vari-Speed set for Forward playback is fixed.
Phonogene manual can be found HERE.
Video demonstrating features of Firmware v.372 Updates: