2 in stock
Mixer & Switcher
- Dual 2 to 1 mixers, normalized into 4 to 1
- Click-less mute per mixer
- Click-less polarity inversion per input with LED indication
- Modulation vs. audio mode selection (lin/log) per mixer, with change of potentiometer curve response and LED indication.
- Two LEDs on each output showing the amplitude and polarity of the output signal
- Unconnected inputs present a fixed voltage to ease offset creation
- Full range DC-coupled analog signal path
- Switch among 4 inputs, only 2, or disabled
- Select an input sequentially with a clock/trigger
- Select an input randomly with a clock/trigger
- Select an input in relation to a control voltage
- CV and clock control are audio rate capable
- Settings retained over the power cycle
- High-quality potentiometers with metal shaft
- Skiff-friendly & compact module
Focused versatility seems an oxymoron when describing the features that led Klavis to design the Mixwitch. With only a pinch of mixing, inverting and controlled switching, you can brew up a plethora of combinations and uses. This is voltage processing magic!
The Mixwitch design comes from a frustration with attenuvertors (bipolar attenuators-inverters) whose off (neutral) position is difficult to retrieve, especially in live situations.
Klavis went for a digitally-controlled analog path where polarity inversion would be at the touch of a button. So, the usefulness of attenuating/inverting can be realised by turning the pot down, swiftly pressing the inversion button and reopening the level. The zero level is where you expect it, with the pot full down.
Once Klavis had a clean polarity control, they easily added a mute function offering the benefit of pre- adjusted pot settings ready to be activated at will.
The next step was to bring something extra, useful and creative. There are plenty of analog switches controlled by a clock; but arbitrarily selecting an input with a voltage is less known. Having both control capabilities combined with the specific mixer features creates a unique fusion: welcome to the Mixwitch!