L-1 Microcompressor Stereo
Out of stock
MICROCOMPRESSOR STEREO – compact stereo VC compressor
This is compact but hi-quality compressor, using the THAT4301 dynamics processor.
THAT 4301 Dynamics Processor, dubbed “THAT Analog Engine®”, combines in a single IC all the active circuitry needed to construct a wide range of dynamics processors. The 4301 includes a high-performance, exponentially-controlled Blackmer® VCA, a log-responding RMS-level sensor and three general-purpose opamps.
Design is based on THAT Corp. design notes – Fully Adjustable Compressor / Limiter. This is a feedforward VCA compressor.
- Adjustable by potentiometers Treshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Makeup gain.
- Reduction LED which lights when signal level exceeds treshold.
- Treshold, Makeup, Attack and Release can be controlled by CV.
- Hard/soft knee switch.
- Two timing modes are available — auto and manual. In auto mode attack and release rates are linked, and depend on the non-linear capacitor circuit. In manual mode, variable, independent adjustments of the attack and release dynamics are possible.
- Peak or Automatic timing detector options.
- Sidechain in to external sidechain processing.
- Envelope out allows to patch any VCA as compressor.
- Full reverse polarity protection.
Power consumption: V+ 43mA, V- 30mA.
Soundsample. Tube VCA works as compressor modulated from envelope out of Microcompressor. Filter – Mutant vactrol VCF. No effects.
Sample made by Jim Sutherland www.jimsutherland.uk.com/
Distorted drums in punk style are heavy compressed. Jim modulated Makeup from Envelope Out to have extremally strong compression.