SERGE EQUAL POWER STEREO MIXER
4 in stock
The Stereo-Mixer is a 2 input, 2 output equal-power panning mixer designed combine the sound of the famous Serge VCAs with the most audiophile parts available today in a special edition for Eurorack – NJR Muses op-amps and THAT2180 VCA chips. The module has 2 independent input channels (with attenuators) that can be Stereo panned between the 2 outputs. Each channel’s gain is controlled by a gain knob and as Gain CV input (with attenuator) which allows to go into massive overdrive with a very organic sound. There are also two AUX inputs that allow signals to be routed in at unity gain. Both panning and Gain CV inputs have been designed to handle audio rates, making the Stereo Mixer a very powerful waveshaping and droning tool.
Beware that the module is able to deliver massive gain, resulting in output levels of up to appr. +/-11V when overdriven, so make sure your other equipment (AD converters, mixers) can handle this
- Balanced Outputs, using „a new generation of monolithic audio differential line drivers offering improved performance over conventional crosscoupled designs“ for low noise and distortion. These outputs can be connected to balanced or unbalanced equipment (amplifiers, A/D converters…)
- NJR Muses op-amps in the audio path.
- Optimized value set and easier calibration / setup.
Two Aux inputs can also be used to chain mixers. The output is available at a pair of banana jacks as well as (6.35mm / 1/4″) TRS jacks (phone connectors) for connecting to external amplifiers, ADCs etc.
The “Donks” demo uses only the Stereo-Mixer (4U version), mostly as a waveshaping tool):
Some details of the Random*Source Stereo Mixer euro kit:
- Balanced line outputs (6.3mm) and minijacks
- pcbs in SMT, manufactured in Germany
- No wiring needed
- Eurorack format (3U), 18 hp
- Power consumption: appr. 100mA @ +12V, 100mA @ -12V
- Module depth: appr. 40mm