DR. OCTATURE II
2 in stock
Just like the original Dr. Octature the basis of the module is a 4-pole lpf inspired by the classic “cascaded ota” design, but realized instead with superior-quality 2164 vcas.
The sound is very reminiscent of classic Roland filters such as the one found on the SH-101 or Jupiter-6.
The “octature” refers to the 8 distinct, phase separated outputs (every 45 degrees, or two sets of four 180-degree shifted outputs). each pair has a different slope: 6db, 12db, 18db and 24dB.
This filter was designed by David Dixon with a special resonance distribution mode called “QUAD” that results in an especially fat and warm LPF sound that is consistently balanced with respect to the resonance on all 8 outputs.
When self oscillating this filter becomes an excellent clean sine wave VCO capable of tracking over several octaves. It can also operate in LFO mode where the phase shifted outputs become extremely useful for creative modulation. Use it to make your Planar spin in circles for example!
New in this version is an input soft clipping circuit to help warm up and boost sounds before filtering them.
- coarse and fine tuning
- range switch for lfo (0.002Hz to 300Hz) and vco (17Hz to 24kHz) modes
- vc resonance with logarithmic response for smooth control
- 1v/oct temperature stable tracking
- mono/quad resonance gain distribution switch for classic or enhanced performance
- Monopolar FM1 and Bipolar FM2 attenuated CV inputs
- Max depth: 38mm
- Power: 72mA @ +12V, 72mA @ -12V
- 14 HP