Out of stock
The disting EX is a multifunction Eurorack module, building on the rich legacy of the previous disting incarnations, which can operate as
- two souped-up disting mk4s, or as
- a single powerful module in its own right.
Fully DC-coupled, all inputs and outputs can be CVs or audio, depending on the selected function. The functions on offer include audio processing (filters, delays etc.), CV processing and generation (quantizers, pattern generators etc.), oscillators (VCOs, LFOs etc.), and sample playback.
Brand new features for the disting EX include an eight voice polyphonic sample (WAV) player, a powerful stereo tape delay (based on our own Augustus Loop), and a dedicated WAV recorder mode.
When acting as two disting mk4s, the disting EX offers these advantages:
- Higher sample rate (96kHz)
- Much more RAM (so all delays, reverbs etc. can be much longer)
- Lower latency when triggering samples (now 700µs)
- And of course, an OLED display.
The disting EX’s MicroSD card contains 44 sets of WAVs specially prepared for the disting EX from the Spitfire LABS sample sets – almost 5GB of samples in total – and a discount code redeemable against any of Spitfire’s libraries.
The disting EX’s MicroSD card contains 27 sets of WAVs from Goldbaby’s “free stuff” page, ready formatted for use by the module.
There are just so many useful algorithms, and so many available parameters for said algorithms at your fingertips, that if you can dream it, the Super Disting EX can most likely do it.
Video review by loopop:
Launch event video
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 50mm
- Current draw: 229mA on the +12V rail, 50mA on the -12V rail
- Input & output voltage range: ±10V
- Compatible with the Doepfer CV/gate bus and the Select Bus.
For more detail, please see the user manual.
Awesome video with the Replicator Tape Echo: