ES-6 mk2 CV/Lightpipe Interface
Out of stock
February 2017 sees the launch of the “ES-6 mk2”. Functionally equivalent to the original ES-6, the mk2 adds these improvements:
- Illuminated jack sockets
- Less HP
- Less deep
The ES-6 is the counterpart to the ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface, offering up to 8 channels of CV input with output via an optical lightpipe connection.
The ES-6 itself has 6 input sockets; the remaining 2 channels are provided by an expansion module e.g. the ES-7.
Please note that a connected ES-3 is required for operation. The ES-6 gets its clock signals from the ES-3, which derives them from its lightpipe input.
The ES-6’s specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 6HP
- Module depth: 52mm
- Sync input: connection from ES-3 module
- Analogue inputs: 6x 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Input voltage range: ±10V
- Input impedance: effectively infinite (FET buffer)
- Digital output: optical, ADAT Lightpipe standard
- A/D conversion: 24 bit, 103dB SNR typical
- Header for connecting expansion modules e.g. the ES-7
- Current draw: 67mA on the +12V rail, 24mA on the -12V rail (91mA total)
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a ‘slot’ rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.
Note that connection to the ES-3 is by a simple plug-in cable for the ES-3 mk2 only. The original ES-3 requires some soldering to add the required connections.