Resist is a simple 3HP module – 4 buffered potentiometers (knobs) which are routed to 4 different corresponding 3 point headers. Added control for any current or future Folktek module utilizing the header patchbay.
With Matter, Resist changes the game completely, adding a whole world of possibilities and expanding the sound and playability exponentially:
– Use the jumpers to attenuate incoming CV/gate by jumping from the CV in on Matter to Resist and then to the main 1-20 patchbay. With the simple attenuation, aspects of Matter have much more control – changes in pitch, filtering, resonance etc. over sounds that were once much more static. Send the CV to the center of the header and send two jumpers to the main 1-20 patchbay and there begins to form a matrix, thereby deepening the sound. Jump one of the points already in Resist to another header, on to the main 1-20 and it goes deeper still…
– Direct jumping from the Matter main patchbay to Resist allows Matter to become a controllable drone synth as pitch, filter, resonance, noise controls all become possible.
– Add a CV sequence to an established drone by jumping into Matter CV in and develop rich, synchronized sequenced drone.
– Jump oscillations from Conduit to Resist and back to Conduit and there are now level controls for the oscillations.
– Attenuate incoming CV controlling vactrols to adjust power and intensity.
– Attenuate oscillations jumped to the delay input (which will also add control over the envelope follower (cv out)
– Jump Conduit oscillations or delay out first to Resist, then to Matter to control Conduit levels in Matter circuitry.
Add Resist to your system on modular grid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/folktek-resist